Tools for Healthy Living with Diabetes
- Regularly check your blood sugar with a testing strip and monitor. Checking your blood sugar can tell you the specifics foods, medicines, and activities on your blood sugar. By knowing what foods, medicines, and activities to to your blood sugar, you can better control your diabetes.
- Exercise every day! Exercise can burn calories and lower your blood sugar lever, along with many other positive effects, resulting a longer and healthier life.
- Eat healthy meals. Most people that have type two diabetes do not eat a healthy diet. Additional information about eating the right food can be found here.
- Receive the proper dosages of medicine. Medication to control your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, and more, may be prescribed to help with your diabetes and its effects. A more in-depth overview about medicine can be found here.
- Relieve some stress in your life. Stress causes hormones to be released that make your blood pressure increase, heart rate increase, and can even increase your blood sugar, in some cases.